With the holidays just around the corner, there’s no better time to start planning a romantic getaway at our bed and breakfast in Vicksburg, MS. Oak Hall is a Fannie Willis Johnson Home built in 1910 in the Mission Revival style. The stunning architecture, beautiful restoration, and modern amenities come together for the most relaxing place to plan your next couple’s retreat.
In fact, our historic bed and breakfast in Vicksburg, MS, was featured in a recent article in Southern Living Magazine about our charming riverside town. They say, “For a town of only around 20,000 people, the riverside community presents a big personality and offers plenty to do. From visiting historic sites and museums to the arts and the outdoors, a weekend spent in Vicksburg can be as busy or relaxed as you prefer.” We couldn’t agree more, and when you make our Inn your home base, you’ll be in the ideal location to explore it all!
Our lodging accommodations are perfectly tailored for couples or solo travelers looking to unwind. Each offers luxurious beds, antique and modern appointments, seating areas, and en suite bathrooms. With only six elegant suites, you’ll often feel as if you have our spacious bed and breakfast in Vicksburg, MS, all to yourself. However, you may enjoy chatting with other guests on one of the expansive porches—the perfect outdoor space for your morning coffee or evening wine. We can’t wait to host you; start planning your next romantic getaway, and book your lodging today!
Elegant Lodging at our Bed and Breakfast in Vicksburg, MS
Before you start filling your itinerary with the best adventures in Vicksburg, you’ll want to get your lodging on the books, and our bed and breakfast in Vicksburg is the perfect place to stay. From the moment you check in, you’ll feel welcomed by our exquisite staff and innkeeper. From our glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, guests often note how clean our space feels, which is such an essential part of feeling comfortable.
Each of our six guest rooms is spacious and elegantly appointed—arranged with an interior designer’s eye; you’ll love our muted color palette, which highlights the exceptional architectural details of the Inn, including the beautiful stained glass windows and delicate woodwork. Every room features a snug sitting area and a California king-size platform bed with premium hotel bedding. Enjoy modern amenities, including an en suite bathroom, LG smart flat-screen TV, high-speed wifi, Keurig Coffee Makers, microwave, and mini fridge.
In the morning at our bed and breakfast in Vicksburg, MS, we offer a lovely light breakfast option with our “Butler’s Pantry,” which is fully stocked with continental-style fare. We can create a hearty breakfast for those who prefer; just let us know beforehand. Our guests love enjoying their hot coffee on the porch as our historic neighborhood comes to life. Feel free to ask for personalized recommendations or help with reservations during your stay! We’re happy to host and can’t wait to welcome you. Read on to find the short list of our favorite things to do in Vicksburg on your next visit.
The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vicksburg, MS
One of the best parts of staying at our elegant bed and breakfast in Vicksburg, MS, is all of the great things to do nearby. Whether you’re a military or history enthusiast, a nature lover, or enjoy fine meals and cocktails, you’ll be in the right place to relax and explore.
For those who may have romance in mind, here are our favorite things to do in Vicksburg for couples:
- Stroll the historic downtown: Head out on foot from our bed and breakfast in Vicksburg, MS, to discover one of the most charming downtown areas with brick-paved streets, local boutiques, cafes, and small-town specialty shops and attractions. Plan on exploring the self-guided historic home tour with 12 historic mansions featuring architectural styles dating back to the 1700s.
- Head to the Riverfront: You’ll want to check out the beautiful Mississippi Riverfront in Vicksburg; start by following the Riverwalk with fantastic views of the Old Vicksburg Bridge. Book a catfishing charter with Blue Cat Guide Services or a guided boat tour with Quapaw Canoe Company for those who want to get out on the water. An old-fashioned riverboat, now the Ameristar Casio, is also parked for amazing river views.
- Exploring the Mississippi Blues Trail: The Mississippi Blues Trail is a museum that celebrates the people and places that played a crucial role in the creation and evolution of blues music across the state and beyond. Visitors can design their own route to visit the spots dedicated to their favorite blues musicians. Vicksburg has six markers of the Mississippi Blues Trail, making it an excellent destination for music enthusiasts.
- Tour the historical sites: One of the most popular destinations in our area is the Vicksburg National Military Park, which is perfect for couples to get out and stretch their legs on the hiking trails while taking in some of the rich military history. You’ll also find a handful of exceptional museums—for example, the Vicksburg Civil War Museum is unique, as it’s owned by Charles Pendleton—the first African American to own a museum on this era of our country’s history.
- Culinary options & cocktails: There’s a lovely selection of dining and cocktail options within walking distance of our bed and breakfast in Vicksburg, MS. A few of our favorites are the Main Street Market Cafe, The Tomato Place, Key City Brewery, and 10 South, one of the best rooftop bars on the riverfront.
Start planning your next getaway to our charming and historic riverfront town today, and be sure to make your reservation at Oak Hall, the best bed and breakfast in Vicksburg, MS, for romantic retreats, couple’s trips, or solo adventures. Book your lodging today!