One of the best things to do on vacation is to discover new and fun places to eat! Thankfully, the selection of Vicksburg restaurants does not disappoint. You’ll have your pick from Southern favorites, including steaming bowls of house-made gumbo and shrimp and grits to elegant steak dinners and fresh seafood feasts. Service is always on point, as Vicksburg is known for its welcoming atmosphere and Southern hospitality, which is a way of life.
Our charming small town’s location on the riverfront is another element that makes exploring the Vicksburg restaurants even more of a treat. For example, the 10 South Rooftop Bar and Grill is just one of the establishments taking advantage of these stunning views and sunsets from on high. Located on the 10th floor of the First National Building, this is a fantastic spot for a romantic meal of Southern classics with a twist and lovely cocktails.
Before you start making reservations at the Vicksburg restaurants, you’ll want to make your overnight lodging plans, and our Vicksburg MS Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay! Our historic Fannie Willis Johnson Home offers a peaceful and unique space you won’t find in any cookie-cutter hotel. The beautiful architectural details, including a stunning collection of original stained glass windows, create an unmatched ambiance for your quick weekend getaway or extended vacation in our area. Guest rooms are elegant and designed with your utmost comfort in mind—we can’t wait to host you! Book your room at our Vicksburg MS Bed and Breakfast today.
Vicksburg Restaurants Near Our Bed and Breakfast
One thing is sure about visiting the South: you will eat some excellent meals here! We love to spread joy through food, and that’s apparent at these local Vicksburg restaurants. You’ll have some of the most memorable and flavorful meals on a trip exploring our charming town on the river.
Here are our top eight VIcksburg restaurants to check out during your stay:
- 10 South Rooftop Bar and Grill: For a steak dinner with some of the best views in town, head to this rooftop bar and grill on the 10th floor of the First National Building. They offer a relaxed-casual ambiance, so come as you are for whiskey rib-eye, blackened catfish, and signature cocktails.
- Cafe Anchuca: If you’re in Vicksburg for a romantic getaway, this is the best place for a quiet dinner for two. White tablecloths, exposed brick, and cozy candlelight set the tone for a lovely meal. The most popular dish is the surf and turf, but be sure to save room for dessert!
- Beechwood Restaurant and Lounge: Known across the state for its wonderful cuts of beef, the locals love a night out at Beechwood, and if you are here on the weekend, they will likely have live music as well. The setting is quirky, laid-back, and super casual.
- Key City Brewing: The brewer and chef are dedicated to showcasing Mississippi ingredients on both the draft list and food menu at this favorite stop in Vicksburg. Serving lunch and dinner, you’ll find small plates, creative pizzas, and classic entrees with a modern twist. Head here for award-winning beers and a fantastic view from the rooftop bar.
- Main Street Market Cafe: If you’re a gumbo fan, this is one of the best Vicksburg restaurants—maybe even one of the best in Mississippi for this classic dish! They only serve lunch, so make sure you add this stop to your list after exploring the local sites.
- Rusty’s Riverfront Grill: This restaurant and bar is a lively standby for hearty and fulfilling meals. While this is one of the Vicksburg restaurants known for its seafood selection, they also cook a delicious filet—be sure to order the crab cakes as a starter.
- The Tomato Place: Another favorite place for lunch, this establishment may look more like a roadside farm store, but once you step inside, you’ll see it’s so much more. The fried green tomato sandwich is one of the best in town, and the shrimp po’boy is a must!
- Walnut Hills Restaurant: You’ll want to try this award-winning fried chicken at this local historic mansion. You can’t go wrong with any Southern classics here; just make sure you have a slice of homemade pie to wrap up.
For personalized recommendations or help with reservations at the local Vicksburg restaurants, feel free to ask your Innkeeper at Oak Hall during your stay.
One of the Best Vicksburg MS Bed and Breakfasts
As a guest at our historic Vicksburg MS Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in the ideal location to head out and explore all the best of our charming small town. While we’re just a quick drive to many popular sites in town, many folks enjoy setting off on foot to explore our area. You’ll love taking in the beautiful architecture of the old homes and antebellum mansions and a casual stroll through Vicksburg’s historic districts.
When it’s time for lunch or dinner, you’ll have a lovely selection of Vicksburg restaurants to choose from and can enjoy yourself knowing you have a welcome reprieve awaiting your return. Our Vicksburg MS Bed and Breakfast offers a warm and comfortable space for those evenings of relaxation we all crave on a getaway. Our shared spaces are ideal for putting your feet up and enjoying a glass of wine. In the mornings, take advantage of our butler’s pantry for a light meal before you head on your way.
All of our guest rooms offer a spacious oasis for couples to unwind and connect. California king-size beds, snug seating areas, and en suite bathrooms are standard in each room—plus luxurious amenities, including hotel-grade linens, minifridges, microwaves, and Keurig coffee machines. All the details have been considered, but if you have special requests during your stay, don’t hesitate to ask. Start planning your next getaway to our Vicksburg MS Bed and Breakfast and book your room today.