Our charming town on the Mississippi River may seem quiet initially, but there’s such a lively nightlife in Vicksburg, MS! One of our favorite stops is the Bottleneck Blues Bar, located in the iconic Ameristar Casio on the riverfront. Aside from fantastic craft cocktails, beer, and wine, this is one of the best bars in Vicksburg for live music. You’ll find anything from rock and soul to fun cover bands and country music.
Vicksburg, MS, is a must-visit for any blues enthusiast. Not only are there multiple sites in town commemorating the Mississippi Blues Trail, but there are plenty of venues for live music, too! Besides the Bottleneck Blues Bar, you’ll also find a handful of great rooftop bars offering craft cocktails and tasty nibbles with stunning views of the expansive river, the cantilever Vicksburg Bridge, and unforgettable sunsets.
For those filling up their calendars with live shows in Vicksburg, MS, why not make a weekend getaway out of it and stay at one of the best bed and breakfasts in Mississippi? Oak Hall perfectly blends historical architecture and beautifully appointed rooms with modern amenities and welcoming hospitality. You’ll love the personalized service we can tailor to each guest and the privacy a smaller property can offer. Check out our upcoming availability and book your lodging today!
Live Music at the Bottleneck Blues Bar & More
While Vicksburg, MS, might not be on your radar for nightlife, it ought to be! In fact, Vicksburg is home to a handful of the best casinos in Mississippi, fantastic restaurants with innovative food and drink menus, and romantic bars for craft cocktails and snacks. The Bottleneck Blues Bar is just one of Vicksburg’s best places to enjoy drinks and live music.
Here are the best bars in Vicksburg, MS, for a night out on the town:
- Bottleneck Blues Bar: Located in the Ameristar Casino, Bottleneck Blues Bar is a fantastic music venue. They host acts nationwide, including blues masters, R&B, Soul, Country, Bluegrass, and Rock n Roll. They offer shows every Friday and Saturday night starting at 8 pm with no cover charge.
- 10 South Rooftop Bar & Grill: Head to the rooftop of the First National Building in the downtown historic district of Vicksburg for sweeping views of the river and the Yazoo Canal. They pride themselves on providing a great cocktail list and creative food options without an ounce of pretension. Come comfortable and leave satisfied!
- Cocktails 101: Bask in the elegance of this spacious lounge space with flat-bread pizzas, sharable appetizers, burgers, and steaks. You’ll also love the extensive list of traditional and craft cocktails.
- Beechwood Restaurant & Lounge: This old-fashioned 1956 steakhouse offers classic Southern comfort recipes, a fun martini menu, and live entertainment. This is one of the best bars in Vicksburg for a hearty dinner on the town, as they consistently win the “best of” categories in Mississippi Magazine.
- Key City Brewery: This is another popular stop in downtown Vicksburg for locally brewed craft ales, including the uber-popular Mississippi Queen Blonde ale, the first batch famously sold out in less than a week. There’s a main dining room, as well as a rooftop venue, Roof at 1311, for live music, great eats, and lively evenings with friends.
- The Biscuit Company: While this local eatery has a family focus during the week, they turn up the volume with live performances and bands from around the country on the weekends.
You may be surprised just how lively our charming historic riverfront town is on any given night! The Bottleneck Blues Bar is sure to be a hit during your stay.
Lodging at our Vicksburg, MS, Bed and Breakfast
Our Vicksburg Bed and Breakfast is among the best places to stay in Mississippi! Our charming Inn is the perfect mix of luxury, history, and modern amenities for those interested in checking out the Bottleneck Blues Bar but don’t want to stay at a busy casino hotel. We’re located close enough to everything but set back on a pretty tree-lined neighborhood street for a peaceful getaway.
For true music fans, you’ll want to book our “Delta Blues Room,” pictured above, at our Vicksburg Bed and Breakfast. This comfortable room is elegantly appointed and features creative blues-inspired art from local artist H.C. Porter. You can also visit her gallery downtown during your stay! You’ll love the mix of eclectic colors and decor with the historical ambiance the Oak Hall exudes at each turn.
Take advantage of our butler’s pantry for light morning fare each morning to start your day off on the right foot. If you’d prefer a hot and hearty breakfast, let us know in advance, and we’ll make sure to have something prepared for you. Come this summer, our Vicksburg Bed and Breakfast will also have a luxurious outdoor pool! Stay tuned for updates on our social media channels. We can’t wait to host you! Book your lodging in Vicksburg, MS, today!